Thursday 28 June 2012

Annal 167: Tale from the Unscathed


I realize that is has been well over two weeks since I wrote my last post. I also realize that this is the longest time between posts that I have ever gone. And, truth-be-told, I am not sure what kind of a post it will be. I am physically exhausted. This is not a bad thing though :) This is week number four of running Monday-Friday on my lunch breaks. And I have begun to notice a difference! My running ability is improving and my body is definitely feeling the activity. This week I started biking to and from work. Mind you, I hopped on my bike at the end of the day only to discover my back tire was completely flat. Thankfully my foreman was leaving at the same time and offered to give me a ride home. Then I got home, hopped in the shower, and proceeded to be scalded twice. The first time resulted in shampoo in my eyes--not a pleasant feeling! The second time led to a frustrated me slamming things around the washroom (real mature, I know).

To be honest with all of you, life has felt pretty crazy lately. Between babysitting, tutoring, working, and attempting to maintain a social life, I feel like time is completely passing me by. June is pretty well over. Before I know it I will be done being an electrician for the summer and will be back in school for my final year. That being said, I am almost relieved for this busyness.

Life has been interesting over the last few weeks. One friendship I had once held so dear seems to be fading. In this case it is not a bad thing, but it has been a change to adjust to. On the other hand, another friendship has also started to develop.

I guess more than anything I am amazed at how God has protected me. How He has proved His love to me. I wrote several posts ago about the force field that God revealed He had placed around my heart. In the last month I have been able to see it in use. I have been able to see how God protected me. Things have happened that at any other time would have shattered my heart into pieces. But they haven't. I have been able to come through relatively unscathed. And to be honest, that is only by the grace of God.

I remember what my friend told me about learning to see everything as an act of God's mercy and not of His wrath. I am learning to do this.

I have been able to see how my mother's bout with cancer could be God's mercy. It has taken over four years for me to see this, but I am starting to. I can see how God stopping a relationship from happening was an act of His mercy.

Despite my exhaustion and the fact that I truly feel as if I am floating through life right now, and despite the fact that I don't seem to get to spend the same amount of time with Him as I did at the end of my school year and prior to starting work, He has still proved faithful.

And with that, I am going to get ready for bed.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back, I've missed reading your posts. At any rate I liked this post, and I must say I admire your zeal and motivation. Thank you for writing and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Essy, I appreciate hearing that :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back too! I hope you are able to rest up, life sounds pretty hectic and crazy for you. But I envy all the physical activity you're getting. Right now Im pretty much behind a computer screen at work or driving to and from work which all means basically I'm sitting all day-everyday. And when I get home, too tired to do much. Isnt that horrible? I feel so lazy. Oh well.

    You have a really good perspective on things though, from what you wrote and that is of the utmost importance. How is your mom doing now? I'm so sorry to hear she got cancer. So so tough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps having a running buddy! If my foreman didn't want to run as well I know for a fact that I wouldn't be nearly as physically active!

      My mom is doing better now, they were able to catch the cancer in time which is, in itself, a miracle. But those months were perhaps the hardest I had ever experienced, and when lately another friend was diagnosed with cancer I felt myself reliving emotions all over again. But God has been able to use what I went through with my mom to help me now.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, life happens. If I get a chance to write a post, I do, if I don't, well, then, I guess I don't.

    By the way, glad to hear your getting out there on the bike. I need to start exercising myself. As my age gets bigger, so does my stomach.

    :(

    ReplyDelete