Sunday 25 September 2011

Annal 66: Tale from the Jaw Line

Oh... my... goodness...

I just had one of the greatest nights ever... not that that means a lot to most people since my idea of having a life is not overly exciting right now.  All that aside, though, tonight was just great.  I still break out laughing as I think over the conversations had.

The adult pastors at the church my sister and I go to decided to have a group of us over tonight.  They used to host a small group for the college and university students but it was looking like it wasn't going to happen.  However they had some of us over for appetizers and dessert and informed us they were going to continue on our small group.  This was some of the best news I have ever heard!  The two couples who head up our small group are some of the most amazing, loving people to walk this planet.

In case you couldn't tell, I am a little bit excited about this.

Well on top of this exciting new, we had some of the most random conversations ever.  Like when my pastor decided he should try to hook me up with a guy from Slovakia.  And then he informed us all of the importance of strong jaw lines.  This led to a talk about praying for spouses, the affects of I Kissed Dating Good-Bye on youth group experiences (really, you haven't lived until you have had youth leaders jump down your throat because you think dating is okay), and how a single, Christian woman's life is over by the time she hits 25.  I think you can already tell the sort of direction this took.

What was wonderful was just how refreshing it was to be around married people who accept you where you are at.  Who tell you that just because you are a single Christian female passed 25 does not mean your womb is going to shrivel up.  Your life is not over because you are single.

I know this is not a very profound blog post, I just wanted to write because I honestly feel so blessed right now.  I can't put my finger on it, but I know that God is doing something in my life right now.  I feel as if He is unsettling me, but at the same time filling me with His peace.  Life is changing, and that is okay.  I don't have all the answers, and that is okay.  I will have highs and lows and He will be the One who gets me through them, and that is okay.  He is God, after all; I think it is safe to trust Him.

On a side note, ladies, I have it on good authority from my pastor that you want men with strong jaw lines.  Apparently they are very attractive, or so he says!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment