Tuesday 2 August 2011

Annal 47: Tale from a Tuesday Morning

When my alarm went off at three-thirty this morning the last action I wanted to complete was crawling out of bed to get prepare for work.  But it was my last early morning shift of four, and the next day was to be a day off so I emerged from my coccoon... resembling nothing at all similar to a butterfly... I don't even think I would have passed for a caterpillar.  I think zombie might be more accurate.

After getting ready I opened the living room curtains, sat on the couch and simply took in the view.  The sun had not yet risen, but the sky was lightening, creating a beautiful backdrop of multiple shades of blue for the silhouettes of trees and homes to rest upon.  How could I not smile?  It brings to mind Psalm 19:1 where it says "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of His hands."  Such a view causes me to think of my Creator as the Divine Artist.

That sort of view reminds me of the moments when you are walking outside and a breeze begins to stir.  That stirring then caresses the face and plays with the hair.  When you think about it, it's really quite intimate.  How many women have watched a chick flick and fight a sigh when the hero touches the heroine's face?  Or when he tucks a strand of hair behind her ear?

When I stand in the middle of the street, at the edge of my driveway, or on a trail through the woods, and that wind picks up, I'm reminded of the love God has for me.  He reveals this love through many ways, but one is through moments of natural beauty.  I get the feeling that the wind is actually His hand, that He is playing with my wild mane, or stroking my cheek.  I wonder how many other people were awake when I was driving to work at 4:15 and could witness the sun's drowsy awakening as it slowly lightened the sky.  It was like a gift; a reminder of His love.

Sometimes I despair, but more often than naught my Saviour reminds me of who He is, and of my value in His eyes.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

1 comment:

  1. You know I've always felt this way with a breeze. There is something that just lights up my spirit when the sun shines on my face and the breeze just flicks my hair back. Love it even more when I'm sitting on the beach.

    I love that second last line :)

    xMiss365

    ReplyDelete