Friday 29 July 2011

Annal 46: Tale from the Lack of a Title

I'm afraid that today's entry is going to be less about any specific event and more of a general rambling session.  I am feeling somewhat unmotivated while at the same token I am taken my a desire to write.  And so anyone who reads this shall have to suffer through my ramblings.  I apologize now.

My sister recently introduced my to the song "Big Girl, You are Beautiful" by Mika and I have spent the last sixteen hours or so singing it (I could swear it was going through my head even while I was sleeping).  It is my new favourite song, and perhaps the fact that I wish to choreograph a dance to it which myself and my bridesmaids shall have to dance to at my wedding is an indication of this.  Of course the fact that I am currently planning a dance which is to take place at the reception of the wedding which is not in the foreseeable future could contribute to such high readings of my quirk-o-meter.  Regardless, the moment I heard the line "Diet Coke and a pizza please," I was sold on the song.  This is because I so fully identify with it.  When I go out it doesn't matter what I am eating, I always order a Diet Coke to go with it.  Sigh... I definitely identify with this song.  If any woman ever wants to feel empowered and beautiful I would suggest listening to it.

I had a movie night last night and have officially been welcomed into that elite group of people who have watched and loved Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail.  I laughed, I cried in pain, I was moved.  This was followed by watching a couple of episodes of Black Books, a BBC television series about a drunk, Irish bookstore owner.  It was decided that were my one sister and I in that show, she would be the grouchy owner, and I would be the one who cooks, cleans, leaves boxes of books in the hallway, and walks around in a housecoat and fuzzy slippers.  What does this say about me?

Looking up a the picture I have created of myself: a slipper-wearing, book-in-hallway-leaving, Diet-Coke-drinking woman will forever respond to questions with the word "Nih!" I feel that the blinders have come off.  The proverbial scales have fallen from my eyes and I see clearly.  I am quirky.

Wait.  I feel like I have come to this realization before.  Like perhaps this blog has been a record of all my dealings with Mr. Wickham... oops... slipped into some Pride and Prejudice quoting there.  My apologies.  What I mean to say was that this blog has been a record of my recognition of my oddities.  Strangely, I find myself at ease with them... for today anyway!

2 comments:

  1. How boring would it be if we were all "normal" or even if we all had the same oddities? Seriously, I don't think I would like it!

    ReplyDelete