Wednesday 18 January 2012

Annal 114: Tale from Falling Apart

Let me just start out by saying this has been a weepy morning for me.  It isn't even noon and I have broken out crying numerous times.  And I can't even blame it on PMS.

I few entries before this one I mentioned how God has been showing me the part that I played in the hurt and rejection I have experienced this last year and a half to two years.  I don't know if I told you all I was taking steps toward working through that or not, but I have been.  That is a hard thing to do, admitting what you did wrong and seeking forgiveness.  Especially when it is from people who have hurt you.

But what is really cool about doing that, is that God does bring healing.

And that has been the cause of my tears today (and the cause of the tears that are making their way down my cheeks at this moment).

Sometimes I forget just how good God is.  Sometimes I forget that when I ask Him to bring healing He will do it--this may take time, but He will do it.  Sometimes I forget that when it seems like everything is falling apart, He will still hold onto me.

The followinig is my favourite song by a group called Fee.  I have been listening to it over and over again this morning, but I think it best sums up my life right now.

EVERYTHING FALLS
Fee

You said
you'd never leave or forsake me
when you said,
this life is gonna shake me
and you said
this world is gonna bring trouble on my soul
this I know

Chorus:
when everything falls apart
your arms hold me together
when everything falls apart
you're the only hope for this heart
when everything falls apart
and my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong
you keep holding on
you keep holding on

when I see
darkness all around me
when I see
that tragedy has found me
I still believe
your faithful arms will never let me go
and still I know

Chorus:
when everything falls apart
your arms hold me together
when everything falls apart
you're the only hope for this heart
when everything falls apart
and my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong
you keep holding on
you keep holding on


Bridge:
Sorrow will last for the night
but hope is rising with the sun
(it’s rising with the sun)
and there will be storms in this life
but I know you have overcome
You have overcome

Chorus:
when everything falls apart
your arms hold me together
when everything falls apart
you're the only hope for this heart
when everything falls apart
and my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong
you keep holding on
you keep holding on

The truth is, life falls apart.  Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we can't stop everything around us from shattering.  And yet in those times, there are arms that will hold us.  There is hope.  When our strength is gone, there is Someone who is strong and mighty and who will keep holding onto us.  Times abound when I want to blame Him for letting everything fall apart, but the fact is, God doesn't force us or those around us to do things we don't want to.  God doesn't make people hurt you, people hurt you.  I guess that's the pitfall of the free choice He gave us all.  Sometimes I want to blame Him for not solving things sooner or in a manner that I think is befitting.  But He knows best. 

In the times when I am falling apart and where I feel like a wreck, He is holding on.  When I am weak and can't go another step, He is the strong arms that pick me up and carry me.  When everything else seems to be slipping out of my control, He is the hand that won't let go.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment