Wednesday 11 April 2012

Annal 149: Tale from the Tempestuous Relationship

What has been one of my most passion-filled relationships has come to an end tonight.  To say I am sad for the tempest to have died down would be to lie.  This affair was not of a healthy sort.  My emotions were continually rising and falling.  One day all was sunny while the next I was stricken with fears of incompetence.

My relationship with Postcolonial Literature is over.

The exam is written.

No longer does the course haunt my every movement.

I am free.

True, I still have three exams to write, but this one is over and it was definitely my hardest :)

I also got a chance to visit my students from last year yesterday!!!!  It was one of the best moments ever!  I got so many hugs and smiles, and even some tears.  I had to perform the "Teacher Dance" (which is truly the lamest dance move in the world but for whatever reason my kids loved it... probably just the fact that I made a fool of myself).  They have grown so much in the last year... I couldn't believe it.  They, of course, told me I was getting more random and weird with age, to which I respond that weird people have way more fun.

Man, I miss teaching!  I can hardly wait to be done school and starting working.

Speaking of which, I am still waiting to hear back from schools about where to do my education degree next year.  If anyone wants to pray about the whole situation, prayers are definitely appreciated on this end!

I read something by MacDonald this morning that I wanted to share with you all, because I felt like it summarized perfectly this semester for me.  Here it is:

"There can be no good news for us men, except of uplifting love, and no one can be lifted up who will not rise. If God sought to raise his little ones without their consenting effort, they would drop from his foiled endeavour. He will carry us in his arms till we are able to walk; he will carry us in his arms when we are weary with walking; he will not carry us if we will not walk."
I keep trying to write a comment about this quotation and each time I end up erasing it.  I suppose MacDonald can speak for himself, but I am curious what others think of this.  I know it struck a chord with me.

Well, this Freed-from-Postcolonial-Literature gal is going to go and read... for fun... something that is not related to school!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment