Tuesday 24 April 2012

Annal 156: Tale from the Chapter

So before I come to the main point of this posting, let me fill you in on what the last few days have looked like for me, what with returning from school.  My oldest brother and his family are still up and visiting (it was quite a feeling to come back Saturday night to a VERY full dinner table.  Both of my brothers were present with their wives and both of my sisters with their boyfriends.  Plus my parents.  It was awesome!).  So yesterday I took my three year old nephew to McDonald's for a lunch date.  There is nothing quite having a little boy look adoringly at you and grow excited that he is going on a date with you.  And then today I took my niece to Tim Hortons for a timbit and coffee date.  She informed me that I am not only cool but also a rockstar.  And to think, I had no idea!

I also have a rather sore face above my upper lip.  My nephew thinks the coolest thing in the world is to pinch my lips together to give me a kiss.  Which is really cute!  But it also means that I have little scratches all above my lips from his fingernails.  Oh well!  C'est la vie!

I had a bit of a freak-out this morning though.  I got all settled in at the dining room table with my oldest brother as we were preparing to play so Warcraft III together (my other brother was going to come by later and play with us as well... because that is what cool siblings do... game together).  I went to open up my computer and got what my one brother dubbed "The Blue Screen of Doom."  My computer would not start.  Add this to the tension I have been feeling over not knowing what is happening with school next year and I'm sure you can imagine the emotional mess I was.

So after about five hours of running a system restore I came in late this afternoon to discover my computer had come back to me!  I think I may have to name it now... something truly epic. 

Which brings me to the main point of writing today.  After spending the afternoon relaxing in the backyard with the family around a fire I came inside.  I decided to take a bath in hopes of relaxing even more and forgetting the stress about school.  On my way to do this my phone went off, telling me I had a new email.  So I checked my email.

Drum roll, please.

I got accepted into the program I wanted to get into!!!!!!

It is an incredibly program and also a one year intensive one, which means that my next September I shall be loosed on unsuspecting teenagers!!!

All I keep thinking about is God's faithfulness.  How he has provided for me yet again.  How despite my uncertainty and my fear He has remained constant.  I am sad that a chapter of my life has come to a close, but I am also incredibly excited for this new one.  And while I may not know much about this new chapter, at least I know the setting!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment