Tuesday 13 December 2011

Annal 102: Tale from a Perfect Moment in Time

I am done exams.

Did you feel the same breath of fresh air that I just did?  Wasn't it fantastic?

I wrote my last two finals yesterday and now begins three weeks of Christmas holiday bliss.

Want to know how I spent my first evening of freedom?

I went to a friend's house where we ate homemade popcorn, drank hot chocolate with massive amounts of whipped cream on top, and watched The Holiday.  This is somewhat of a tradition for us as this is our third year watching it.  Then I went home, played some WoW, and went to bed.

This morning I got up to take some friends to the airport, and then on my way home stopped by Starbucks.  Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE my landlords?  I came home yesterday to discover they had given us not only a Christmas card, but a $20 Starbucks card... one for me and one for my sister.  So I sat down at the table for breakfast and my devotions to the most delicious aroma of a peppermint mocha.

I now know that Christmas has arrived!

I played more video games, finished a book, went for the most delectable walk this afternoon (snow everywhere, not warm enough to melt anything, but not cold enough that I needed a hat), and played some more video games.

For some this may sound boring.

For me this was a little taste of heaven on earth.

The last two weeks have felt crazy between exams and all of the emotional crap that has been going on.  I know it's not over--take this week for example.  I woke up Sunday morning congratulating myself on having completed a week of praying and working through my anger.  Then I started reading in Matthew about forgiveness, and about loving your enemies.

I tried to inform God that I had worked through this.

He just said one thing to me.

Pray for them.

Huh...

This is not easy.  I went for my walk today and had to pray through gritted teeth.  But I was able to pray... and a week ago I couldn't have done that.

The point is, even with all of the junk that has been going on, I felt as if today I had moments that were about as close to "perfect" moments as I may get.  They were moments of complete joy and peace.  People must have thought I was crazy when I would randomly start skipping on my walk.  Or the numerous times I almost slipped and would burst out grinning or laughing afterwards.

Today was just one of those days that you hold onto and try to always remember, so that no matter how dark other times will get, you can remember that there is always hope.

And so here's to my perfect moment in time.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment