Thursday 15 December 2011

Annal 104: Tale from Candy Cane Lane

So today was the day my sister and I have been waiting for for the last few weeks.  We both finished exams and so spent the day in almost complete relaxation.  First we had to go shopping this morning to grab a few last minute things before we head home tomorrow.  After that we just sat in each other's company chatting while we both played video games (we are so cool).  The highlight of the day?  What we did this evening.

At about five o'clock we hopped in the car and drove to Starbucks where we both got the Christmassy drinks of our choice (yes, another Peppermint Mocha for me).  We then headed over to Candy Cane Lane.



This is an area of several streets here that go all out when it comes to decorating for Christmas.  And we are talking ALL out!  My personal favourite was the home with Santa keeping watch over baby Jesus.

So we sipped our drinks and walked along the streets--with Flat Stanley, of course!


If you look close you will notice some snow on my one pant leg.  This was a result of my grace and poise.  As my sister and I turned onto one street my feet went out from under me and I was on the ground.  Amazingly enough, I didn't spill any of my drink.  But I do have some very wet pants thanks to this occasion!

Honestly, I could have walked the streets forever.  The snow was falling, the weather was brisk but not too cold, and the number of times I wanted to hold out my arms and start spinning beneath all of the lights were too many to count.

It was a wonderful end to a perfectly relaxing day, a day where you just feel that joy that is meant to be present this time of year.

Even if it did involve me falling in an ungraceful flop on the ground.  Thanks, Lord, for another reminder of my foible that has not yet thrust me into the arms of waiting man... Flat Stanley excluded ;)

Such is the life of a Christian single.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love these snowy, christmas-ey photos! It looks so beautiful :))))) LOL--falling can indeed be very advantageous "accidental meeting", here's hoping if you have to fall again, it's in front of, or heck, on top of a very handsome fellow who can help you up! haha...I'm such a nerd, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he, yes, I am all for falling on top of a handsome fellow the next time I fall--if nothing else it might save my butt the pain it has felt today!

    ReplyDelete