Sunday 27 November 2011

Annal 94: Tale from the Hotbed of Excitement

There is a guy staying at my house.

And it isn't even by dad or one of my brothers.

Pretty exciting, isn't it?

And let me tell you, this guy is pretty fantastic.  He doesn't complain when I want to watch a Christmas movie or work on my Christmas cards.  He drinks coffee with me in the morning and is in absolutely no rush to hurry through it.  He even helped my sister and I decorate our Christmas tree. 

Pretty fantastic, right?


His name is Flat Stanley.

It used to just be Stanley, but then a bulletin board fell on him, completely flattening him.  At first he thought this sucked until he realized he could fit in envelopes and be mailed to other places for adventures.  Or so the story goes.

Apparently my sister and I live in a regular hotbed of thrilling adventure, because when my oldest nephew was given his Flat Stanley to send somewhere, my mother decided it should be to us.

So now the poor guy has to suffer through the excitement that is my life.  He will go to the university with me and the college with my sister, will go on walks with us, drink coffee with me, and possibly visit Candy Cane Lane with us. 

So whenever I start to feel like life is getting to be monotonous, I will just remind myself that I am definitely living on the edge, what with my male houseguest with whom I go on many daring adventures.

Be warned, this will not be the last time you hear of Flat Stanley!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

3 comments:

  1. I want to meet Flat Stanley! He's seems like a totally groovy guy :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he could be a smooth talker, beware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flat Stanley is pretty amazing... and definitely a smooth talker. At least in the sense that he is so smooth he doesn't need to talk! But he doesn't make fun of my killer dance moves, so who am I to complain?!

    ReplyDelete