Saturday 2 July 2011

Annal 35: Tale from Blah

Today has felt like a "blah" sort of day.  It was productive, but right now I just feel at loose ends.  I woke up, had coffee, did my devotions, went to the gym with my dad and older brother, came home, had lunch, spent two hours cleaning my car inside and out and cleaning the outside of my parents' car, and then had a bath.  I feel proud of my day, but I also just feel... well... blah.

I'm supposed to go to a neighboring city tonight to hang out and play games with some people a single friend of mine knows.  I've been anticipating this, but again, today I feel blah about.  I'm thoroughly exhausted and to be quite honest with you, I don't trust myself to drive the hour and a half later to go to this.  I've driven tired before and it is never a good idea for me.  My body and brain seem to be begging me to crawl into the nearest bed and hide out there. 

The last week has felt like a really good week for me.  I've felt encouraged and I've had a few days to relax.  And then I get hit with a day like today.  Am I just tired?  Am I getting sick?  What does it mean when I am willing pass up an evening of possibly meeting single men because of exhaustion?  Am I not being proactive?  Do I not care (okay, I know it's not that one)?

Maybe I should just go take a nap.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment