Tuesday 19 July 2011

Annal 42: Tale from Watering Plants

Today has begun as a day of epic coolness.  A friend was out of town for the last few weeks and I agreed to water her plants.  It has rained every day since she left, but now that we had two days in a row of sunny weather, I made my way over to see if her flowers needed any watering.  I took my more-or-less-nephew (who from here on in I will just refer to as my oldest nephew) with me, which he thought was just the coolest thing.  I'm going to insert here that my oldest nephew likes to assign each member of our family a superhero.  For example, everyday I am Jean Grey (telepath and telekinetic from the X-Men) while he varies.  Today he was Spiderman.

We watered the plants without a hitch, but it was as we finished up the job that things began to get exciting.  All of a sudden my little guy took off running from the backyard to my car yelling, "The monsters are after us!"  So we hustled to the car, I got him in his booster seat, and we "sped" out of the alleyway.

From this point on the bad guys just didn't leave us alone.  I tried to put up a force field on the car so that bad guys couldn't see it, but they were already on the vehicle and tearing it apart.  So my oldest nephew started shooting his webs at them, and then we were free.  We made it to the bank, and as we got out of the car he started looking around cautiously.  The next words out of his mouth were, "I'll protect you.  Where are the bad guys?"

Hearing those words from the mouth of a four year old can't help but make you feel safe and taken care of!

While I sometimes think that being single is a superhero job all in itself, I sometimes think it would have been much more manageable if God could have given me the ability to fly or move things with my mind... besides, superheroes never lack for romantic attention!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment