Sunday 24 July 2011

Annal 45: Tale from the Playboy Mansion

I went for another invigorating run with my dad today and as always our conversation was inspiring.  We started off talking about a Joshua Harris book I'm reading right now, Dug Down Deep, a book on the doctrines of Christianity (excellent read, by the way), and then the talk evolved (is evolution always a good thing?). 

We were on the homeward stretch, which was good because I felt like my legs were going to give out and my lungs were going to collapse, when we passed another woman running.  She smiled and said hi.  The following then transpired between my father and I:

Dad: "Women runners are a lot friendlier to me when I run with you or your sister."
Me: "I guess they don't think you're a creepy old man, eh?" *Yes, 'eh.'  I'm Canadian so I figure I can get away with that*
Dad: "I guess not.  As long as they know you're my daughters and don't think I'm Hugh Hefner."
Me: "That would be a good thing for them to know."
Dad: "Of course if I was Hugh Hefner, you would be a bit old for my tastes."
Me: "Thanks, Dad, it's good to know I'm passed my prime for Hugh Hefner."

Yeah, apparently I am too old to be considered eligible for Playboy's founder... darn (I'm really choked up about this, can you tell?).  I guess I'll never get to live out my dream or residing in the Playboy mansion.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

1 comment:

  1. If you're too old for the Playboy mansion, the title should have been tales NOT from the Playboy Mansion, hahaha

    ReplyDelete