Wednesday 13 July 2011

Annal 39: Tale from the Little Town on the Prairie

One of my best friends recently had her second child, and as I had the day off, I drove to go visit her in the little town on the prairie that she lives in.  First of all, her daughter is gorgeous and I received plenty of cuddles from the newborn so I was definitely in my element.  I also brought a present for her: a children's book and Pride and Prejudice.  Obviously every woman needs her copy of Austen's classic, right?

While there I decided that instead of spurning villages for their small population, I should instead move to them. 

I was helping my friend load her children into the car so that we could drive into the neighboring city for some shopping, and while standing at the front door, a rather attractive construction worker walks past, looks at me, smiles, and nods.  Yeah, that more or less made my day.

Then it got better.  As I was leaving town to return home, I drove past a vehicle with two men sitting in it.  I can't say as I have ever met them before, but there they were, smiling and waving at me.

Maybe these people are just excited to see someone new.  Maybe the community is overly friendly.  Maybe God is telling me to move to a little town.  After all didn't Laura Ingalls meet her man after moving to a small town?  Of course most towns in those days were relatively small.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into the whole event.  Not that I would ever read too much into anything!

On a side and totally unrelated note I decided that should I ever marry Frodo Baggins, I would name my daughter Whim Z. Baggins... has a nice ring, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment