Tuesday 5 July 2011

Annal 37: Tale from a Drive to Remember

Today started off as a relatively encouraging day.  I took my kinda-nephew and his friend to Vacation Bible School, took my youngest sister for a run, and planned a nice long walk with a friend for the afternoon.  Very productive start to a day, the kind of day that makes you feel confident, and in turn attractive. 

Just to put this out there, I am not Mandy Moore.  I think she's lovely and has a beautiful voice, but I am not her.  Apparently this does not stop me from pretending to be her, which in turn leads to dire circumstances which give rise to great humiliation and the realization that there are reasons why I am still single.

My youngest sister was called into work early this morning, so I was dropping her off.  She keeps the soundtrack from A Walk to Remember in my car, and so we were listening to this.  In a moment of brilliance I decided to sing as high as I am incapable of singing (have I mentioned that when driving I like to sing loud?  I feel it makes up for any poor singing).  Apparently singing this way also requires me to contort my face (have I mentioned I'm a face contortionist?)

So here I am driving, face contorted and singing as offly as I possibly can, when I turn my head to look out the passenger window.  I somewhat attractive mailman is watching me.  At this point my sister loses it and starts laughing, I start laughing, and I once again realize that there is a reason I am single.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

3 comments:

  1. hhaha love this! hilarious...! you write really awesme =].. please read my blog =] http://mylifeasateenageloser.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know, that cute mailman might have just thought how gorgeous you look with your face all contorted like that and thought how refreshing it was to see a fabulous young woman such as yourself enjoy herself with such abandon. :)

    I always wanted to walk down the aisle to 'Only hope'

    True. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I can only dream, right!!! And "Only Hope" was totally the song I was contorting my face to!

    ReplyDelete