Thursday 26 May 2011

Annal 10: Tale from the Weddings

I have a dream. 
My dream is that one day James Marsden will realize I am the woman for him and marry me.
Okay, that may not be it exactly, but it’s close.
I’ve been involved in a lot of weddings.  Seven to be exact.  I have been a flowergirl once, a bridesmaid three times, and a maid-of-honour three times.  So I’m kind of holding out for a Twenty-Seven Dresses theme where after another twenty weddings an attractive reporter will write an article about me and then whisk me off my feet and marry me.  Seven down, twenty to go.
Do I regret this?
Not at all!  I feel so honoured to have been a part of so many friends’ special day.  I’m floored that so many people have included me, and so I definitely see the value in these positions I have held.
Here’s the thing though: I’m still single.
Not only am I still single, but I also only ever get partnered with groomsmen who are either several years younger than me or else married.  So much for my prospects!
All humour aside though, sometimes wedding are rough for me.  While I’m ecstatic for my friends, I sometimes sit back and wonder: “God, what about me?  Have you forgotten me?  When will it be my turn?”
Something interesting happened though.  I have a friend (shocking, I know) who is also single (wow... even more shocking) and we have been not just praying about the men we will marry, but praying for each other’s future husbands.  The result: our friendship seems even stronger.
I was reading another blog, “Christianity in High Heels,” and the author encouraged single women to start praying for each other and for the men we will all one day marry.  I would like to pass this challenge on.  If you are single, pray not just for yourself, but for other single friends.  If you are married, pray for your single friends.  Pray for your married friends, that their marriages would not just be the stuff of legends, but would glorify God.  Pray.
Such is the life of a Christian single.

2 comments:

  1. Found you from Blessed Babe's blog. You're now on both my favourite blogs list and on The Faith Files list now too. :)

    I'm a teacher as well and er, yes I do have a cat but I will NEVER be the crazy cat lady no matter how old and spinster-ish I get. :)

    Looking forward to reading more and praying for you! :)

    xMiss365

    http://365christianandsingle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much! It is so encouraging to know that there are others out there! Please know that I will be praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete