Wednesday 25 May 2011

Annal 9: Tale from the Bachelor Pad

As we obviously have no life, or at least as I have no life, my single friend and I decided to do a bit of a road trip last night.  Not that we don't enjoy living in a Christian manless society where we spend our evenings marking assignments or watching BBC dramas, but it sure was a pleasant change to go visiting.  The best part?  We were actually going to be in an environment where single, Christian males exist.  This was particularly exciting given my day at school yesterday.  I had a playground conversation with a grade five student that went something like this:

Student: "Ms. S, do you have any cats?"
Me: "No, I don't."
Student: "Oh good!  Now you need to get married or at least find a boyfriend."
Me: "Uh, why?"
Student: "Because if you don't you'll start collecting cats and become the crazy cat lady!"

Real gem, eh?

So my friend and I headed off and after an exciting trip to Costco (I bought trail mix and a collection of BBC dramas) we were to visit some of these friends.

I climbed upstairs to the apartment and can't help but let out a slight chuckle.  The living room was divided so that about two-thirds of it contained musical instruments and equipment, while the other one-third was made up of one couch and about fifteen folding chairs that were borrowed from the church.  There was no table, but boxes abounded.  All in all it was very cozy, but a definite bachelor pad.

So while our group was comprised of myself and my friend, one of her female friends, and two single guys (one who is about to enter into a relationship and one who is not looking for one), it was an incredibly enjoyable experience.  Sometimes you have to get away from what is normal and throw yourself into different circumstances.  I had never met any of these people before this past weekend, yet I found myself refreshed by the company.  It is possible for singles to visit in a setting that does not involve prospects of pairing off and where no one is judging you because you are single.  So here's to dinner at the bachelor pad of uninterested men!

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment