Monday 23 May 2011

Annal 8: Tale from the Road Trip

Quite recently, as in the last twenty-four hours, another single friend and I decided to go on a little trip.  We travelled to the nearby shopping centre, spent the night (not at the shopping centre, mind you), and returned home just today.  Discussing the topic of utmost importance, why we are both still single, we comprised a list.  Below is our list.


18 Reasons we are still Single:
  1. The ringtone on my cellphone is the theme music from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
  2. I can quote most of the lines from The Lord of the Rings and she can quote most of the lines from Pride and Prejudice.
  3. We spend more time looking at men from BBC dramas than we do real men.
  4. We sing opera while driving.
  5. We dance while driving.
  6. I may have pre-ordered the Cataclysm expansion for World of Warcraft (in my defense, while I set my alarm so I could start playing it right away at midnight, I decided to sleep through my alarm).
  7. We take pictures of ourselves with gigantic statues of beavers.
  8. Our ideal image of a man is him walking into a room with his hat strategically placed below one eye.
  9. My ideal first encounter with a man would involve him calling me a witch (Jane Eyre reference for anyone confused by this).
  10. We go for drives on rainy days so that we can pretend we are in the English countryside.
  11. We have to drive an hour and a half to find single, Christian men.
  12. We are no longer between the ripe ages of 20 and 22 when most Christian women are supposed to get married.
  13. Any female friends who know single men only want to hang out with us when they're looking for a "Girls' Night."
  14. Whenever I walk into bright light the first thing I say is: "It burns, Precious," in a raspy voice and she laughs at me and thinks it's hilarious.
  15. She can carry on conversations with herself in opera.
  16. We talk in our sleep (I'm the deep, philosophical one, though).
  17. We spend drives coming up with reasons for why we are single and we have as many as we do.
  18. I write a blog discussing the fact that I am single.
So whenever you start to feel down about yourself and where you are, read this list--it's bound to make you feel better.


Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment