Friday 14 October 2011

Annal 77: Tale from a Bus-Driving Frodo

So apparently my sister has decided to join with all of my other friends in the effort to find me a man.  I first noticed this change in her about two or three weeks ago when she texted me one morning to inform me that her bus driver was attractive, and that I should OBVIOUSLY ride with her to the college.  I had to chuckle over this since all of my bus drivers are passed age fifty with heads of white hair... or no hair.  I also chuckled because my sister usually tries to not get involved in the relationship part of my life.  I think she figures that I can either find someone on my own, or else that my friends are trying to take care of it, so she doesn't need to.

The point is, she and I were waiting at our bus stop this morning, when the bus pulled up (shocking, I know).  And the driver was not a fifty-something gentleman with a full head of white hair.  He was Frodo, minus the curls.  And just as friendly too.

My sister was quite happy about this, and informed me that I really should write a blog entry about it, and then informed me that I had her permission to marry the bus driver.  I think she just wants her nieces and nephews to look like hobbits.

All in all the whole situation just leaves me smiling.  I would be the single woman who people would try to hook up with bus drivers.  Although I suppose if I had the summer of police officers thanks to the deli workers, it would make sense to have a semester of bus drivers.

But mostly I think I feel loved.  I have friends and family who care about me so much that they just want me to be happy.  They don't think I'm incomplete without someone, or that my life is meaningless because I'm single, they simly love me and want me to find someone else who loves me too.

It's nice to feel loved.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment