Saturday 22 October 2011

Annal 80: Tale from the Answered Prayer

I know, I know, two posts in one day.  I promise this will never happen again, but I am so excited that I just have to share.

I'm going to come out right now and state that this excitement does not involve a guy, so sorry for anyone who thought my blog was coming to an end due to a marriage announcement.  No such luck :P

Last Sunday I admitted to the women at the Bible study I attend that this has been a bit of a hard semester.  I loved taking a year to teach, and do not regret it at all, but the hard part is that everyone I knew in my program graduated the year I was gone.  So I have come back and have had to start all over again.  And that is hard.  A lot harder than I sometimes care to admit.  So one of the leaders prayed that God would bring me a friend.

Confession time.

I didn't think it would happen.

I am a firm believer that God can answer prayer with a yes.  I just tend to think that applies to everyone else but me.  I mean, it's not that I don't have friends, it is just that I am lonely at the university and would like a friend up there.  But I can justify to myself all the reasons why God shouldn't answer that prayer with giving me a friend.  And that is what I did.  And then I forgot about the prayer.

Today I had a group project meeting at the school.  Ten minutes before I left three of the five group members had cancelled.  So I figured this would be a half hour discussion with the one woman who could come and then I would go home.

That didn't happen.

The half hour discussion turned into some hedging around each other, which turned into the discovery that both of us are Christians, with led to another discovery that we are both Christian singles, which resulted in a two and a half hour visit. 

God brought me a friend.

Why I believe God can be faithful to everyone else but not to me, I don't know. 

But today He proved me wrong.  Today He reminded me yet again that He sees me.  Today He brought me a friend.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment