Friday 3 June 2011

Annal 16: Tale from the Field Trip

Today our school went on a field trip to a nearby dinosaur museum.  I love my students, but a total of four hours on a bus with them definitely makes things interesting!  The following is one of the conversations the took place:


Student 1: "Ms. S, do you still have pictures I drew for you from kindergarten?"
Me: "I'm pretty sure I do in a box somewhere."
Student 1: "That's kind of wierd."
Me: "Well I like it when you guys draw me pictures.  That's why I put all the ones from my students on my wall."
Student 2: "Ms. S, you should marry an artist."
Me: "Why?"
Student 2: "Because then he could draw you pictures all the time."
Student 3: "And because you can't draw."


I had no indication that the conversation would take this turn, which is proof that my students (and students from other classes) are more interested in my lack of a marital status than I am at times!  That being said, I had another eye-opening "that's-why-I'm-still-single" moment later on in the day.  We were hiking back to the bus after visiting dinosaur tracks when I began to sing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs (in my defense, it had been snowing that morning--yes, on June 3--and was getting ready to snow again).  The students with me began to belt out the songs as well and so we filled the forest around us with our renditions of "Jingle Bells," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," and "Deck the Halls."  It was lovely, but carols in June could be another reason why I am still single.


Such is the life of a Christian single.

No comments:

Post a Comment