Saturday 18 June 2011

Annal 28: Tale from the First Date

For anyone out there who did not believe me that Mr. Darcy would be my date to the movie theatre last night, I write this post to spite you.  All you have to do is look at the pictures below to see how devoted we were to each other.



See, while other women were oogling (yes, oogling) Ryan Reynolds as The Green Lantern I felt no envy for while I watched the movie, Darcy watched me.  He had eyes only for me.  It was incredibly romantic.  No words needed to be spoken between us--it was as if we had known each other all our lives. 


Of course now I look at these pictures and I shake my head and laugh.  This is what my life has turned into.  There are no single, Christian men in my community so I have resorted to taking pictures of literary heroes to the theatre with me.  I give such pictures drinks from my cup during the movie.  I find myself realizing that I could quite seriously turn into a woman with an assortment of photos who takes a different one out for every occasion.  Suddenly Thornton will attend me to dinner, Rochester for walks, and Darcy to the movies.  My life is spiralling into an epic mixture of eccentric, dull, singledom.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED the drink picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I'm glad you guys could appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so relieved that Darcy wasn't into Ryan Reynolds. I'm afraid that would have ruined it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to agree with you, Elizabeth--I would have been forever ruined for Austen had Darcy turned out to like Reynolds.

    ReplyDelete