Saturday 4 June 2011

Annal 17: Tale from the Movie Theatre

Last night I went to the movies with some friends.  It was opening night of X-Men: First Class and I was pretty excited to watch James McAvoy portray Charles Xavier (strictly because of his acting ability, of course).  I sat down in my seat, married friend on my one side, single friend on my other.  My married friend commented on her husband having gone to the earlier showing of the movie.  A random guy, probably about seventeen, who was sitting in front of me commented on his own marriage.  Our conversation went something along the following:

Him: "I enjoyed my wedding."
Me: "Oh yeah?  Well that's good."
Him: "It was in Vegas.  Went really well.  Happened about four days ago."
Me: "Well, congratulations, you must be very proud."
Him: "I am."

We then proceeded with our own conversations.  Shortly after, he again interjected into our conversation.

Him: "I'm divorced now."
Me: "Oh yeah..."  *I actually misunderstood what he was saying and so only absentmindedly acknowledged him*
Him: "... Think about it..."

So there we have it, I am the object of flirtatious attention from a teenaged boy.  So remember, just when you start to lose hope, there may be a boy almost ten years your junior out there to make you feel just swell.

After this we more or less ignored each other as I was too busy attempting to still my rapidly beating heart at Hugh Jackman's cameo appearance as Wolverine... sigh... give me a man with metal claws, an eyebrow that cocks, and that tough growl...

Such is the life of a Christian single.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. Married - divorced teenagers ;)

    On another note - Aussie Aussie Aussie! I refuse to say any form of Oi! here so I will say "mmm, mmm, mmmm !"

    Hugh Jackman is one gorgeous man. Good work there God. Lol.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know there are others out there who appreciate his God-given looks, lol :P

    ReplyDelete