Monday 6 June 2011

Annal 19: Tale from the Dog Whisperer

While I do not believe I run the risk of becoming a crazy cat lady, I think I may be at a high risk of becoming another sort of crazy.  You've heard of "The Horse Whisperer"?  Terrible movie that came out several years ago?  Man who can understand horses?  Well I'm the dog whisperer.

You see, I house sit... alot.  All of my friends seem to have dogs and so when they go away on vacation they require someone of immense expertise to take care of their dogs.  Well, we all live in a small town which means such experts do not exist.  So they call me.

I have had dogs pee on me, sleep with me, and pee on me while sleeping with me.  Yeah, if ever there was an image of a single woman with dogs, it would probably be me.  I walk into multiple homes and respond as dogs start barking, "It's all good, guys, Aunty's here."  Yeah... I refer to myself as "Aunty" when I am around dogs... awesome, isn't it?

So while I may not notice if a guy is hitting on me (a friend had to point out that the seventeen year old in the theatre was flirting with me) or that a guy in the Walmart electronics is waiting for me to look at him so that he can ask me if I'm married or in a relationship (yeah... it was an interesting weekend), I can read dogs.  The sad part?  They become somewhat attached to me now.

I have one friend whose pups always cuddle and bark a certain way when I show up.  Apparently one of them only cuddles with guys... so either she thinks I'm a guy, or she's attached to me.

My problem?  There isn't really one.  I'm just more or less commenting on the mildly pathetic turn life seems to take.  If you're married and need someone to watch your dogs, call me.  I may not be an expert, but they will feel comfortable relieving themselves on me.

Such is the life of a Christian single.

1 comment:

  1. We'd give you a good reference! Juno loves you!

    ReplyDelete